We kindly inform our clients that booking an appointment is necessary for our Consular Office. Appointments can be booked at the link below, or through the “Booking an appointment for consular matters” button at the Home page of our website.
You can request to obtain vital statistics certificates from Hungary through the Consulate. The certificates that can be obtained are of vital statistics events that took place in the present-day territory of Hungary. They can be : birth, marriage or death certificates.
You can apply in person, or by mail.
What to bring:
- Application form, filled out
- Identification card (passport, identity card, Canadian driver’s licence)
- If requesting someone else's certificate, please attach documents to support your reasons for requesting it (e.g. vital statistics certificates that prove your relation to the person)
If applying by mail:
- Application form, filled out (application form found at the bottom of the page) On the application form, your signature must be authenticated by an Honorary Consul, or a Notary Public registered with the Consulate before sending in.
- Photocopy of your valid passport or ID card
- If requesting someone else's certificate, please attach documents to support your reasons for requesting it (e.g. vital statistics certificates that prove your relation to the person, or documents of a pending court case in which the certificate is necessary).
- Registered mail envelope or „Xpresspost”, prepaid, and pre-addressed to yourself. Please include your contact information: address, phone number, and email address